New Hope Pit Bull Rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howdy All!

2 posters

Go down

Howdy All! Empty Howdy All!

Post  DiamondTiger Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:32 pm

I'm TERRIBLE at these intro things and I'm REALLY tired. (Long day at work... *Yawn*) so I'm just gonna cheat and answer the questions our lovely Director has put forth here and if there's anything else y'all would like to know about me please feel free to ask away. I don't bite... hard. Very Happy Just kidding! Laughing I don't bite at all! Very Happy

Well, a good start is your name (first only is perfectly fine Smile )! K, so I'm Kat... and I'm the Assistant Director and Co-Founder of New Hope.

Do you have any pets? I do... I have one gorgeous Pit named Karma. Very Happy So many people tell me she's a "scary looking dog" because of her dark brown brindle mask. I don't think so tho... she's my girl and she is absolutely striking! I'll post pics a little later and when I'm not so tired.

ETA: I was so tired last night when I posted this intro that I actually forgot about our terror cat "Nugget". (I know I know... shame on me. Embarassed ) Seriously tho, he is a terror! LOL! He's one of those monster cats that will love on you one minute and then out of nowhere he'll attack your feet! affraid Alicia's other half found him in a cardboard can one day at work when he was only about 5 weeks old. This was last January and it was FREEZING outside. Alicia called me up and asked if I knew anyone who would take a kitten. Silly me... feeling terrible that this little baby was outside in the cold... thrown away like a piece of garbage said "I WILL!" And the rest has been painful but fun history. Laughing He's a lot of fun really and I wouldn't give him up for anything in the world. Just gotta watch out for those surprise attacks and he HATES it when I come back inside after being out on the porch for a phone call, smoke or cup of coffee... he grabs hold of my arm an looks up at me as if to say... "Please don't go..." Funny thing is... HE enjoys being outside. Bring him in the house and he's a holy terror, blazin' through and tearing things up. Put him back out and he's as happy as a pig in mud. pig Go figure!

Do you work? I do and some days I hate my job and want to run screaming... as far away as I possibly can, hide under a rock and pretend the world is a nicer place and that every person has a heart. Other days (most days) I LOVE my job. Especially days like today when I see how one "tiny" decision can make such a HUGE difference in an animal's life. I am the adoptions counselor/behaviorist/trainer at my county shelter.

Hobbies? Oh Muh Gosh... who has time for those??? LOL!! No really, I love to sit back and chill out at the lake or anywhere that I'm surrounded by nature. I enjoy spending time with my kids and my hubby. I love "rock crawling" or as some people call it, off roading or 4x4ing. I'm talkin' real mountain trails with lots of big rocks and steep inclines tho, not just mud holes. Very Happy Talk about an adrenaline rush! I also love horse back riding, tho I haven't been in years. I grew up with horses and boy do I miss them! I had so much fantastic fun with my Appaloosa gelding... he was like having a great big dog and literally one of my best friends.

How did you find the forum? Alicia made me do it! Razz LOL!!! I kid... Really, we thought this would be a great way for everyone to get to know one another and keep on top of the goings on with the rescue. Very Happy I hope to see everyone posting often!

And anything else you'd like to add! (Including pictures so don't be shy!) Oh gorsh... nothing much really that I can think of at the moment. I can be kinda silly sometimes... I'm very real and down to earth. If you've met me you know this and I hope you can appreciate that with me it's what you see is what you get. I'm honest and straight forward... no nonsense, but I'm also really nice and sometimes even fun!

If we haven't yet met... I look forward to doing so! Very Happy

We promote a laid back, friendly atmosphere so get comfy Smile Shocked OooooooTay! bounce geek

Last edited by DiamondTiger on Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
DiamondTiger
DiamondTiger

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

Howdy All! Empty Re: Howdy All!

Post  lpyrbby Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:53 pm

Girl, you crack me up SO hard!

toot horn (This emote totally cracks me up too!)
lpyrbby
lpyrbby

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  DiamondTiger Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:27 am

lpyrbby wrote:toot horn (This emote totally cracks me up too!)
Ha! I really like that one too! toot horn But I think this one suits me best at the moment... yahoo! Co's man I am so stoked about how things are going with those dogs at work! One of our kennel techs laughs at me daily because he sees me outside doing my "happy dance" while observing volunteers with these pups and the GREAT improvements they've made.
DiamondTiger
DiamondTiger

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum