New Hope Pit Bull Rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Morning everyone !!

3 posters

Go down

Good Morning everyone !! Empty Good Morning everyone !!

Post  Javasmomma Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:13 am

Hi everyone my name is Bonnie (Javasmomma) I live in Summerville. I've been a sous chef for 31 years so I guess you could say I like me job ALOT! bang head most days anyway.... I'm married hug my husbands name is Pat. I have 2 kids and Pat has 1. We moved here 5 years ago with his job and 1 cat named "BoB" he's 6 a Lab named "Midnight" (she passed away from Cancer a few years ago) and a Rotweiller mix named "Spitty" (because he slobbered all the time). Since then we've adopted 2 more cat sisters "BOOooger" & "Einstein" they're both 3. Our most recent addition is a pitbull foster we've named 'Maxwell Java" formerly "Mr. Mike". We renamed him that because he reminded me of the color of coffee...And Pat was not fond at all of the name "Nutmeg" No which was my first choice. He said it was too GirLY!

I came to be involved with this organization while searching rescues in our area. We were actually looking for Mastiffs and Dogue De Bordeauxs. We like em' BIG... After the first visit to the site I was hooked not only with some of the stories of the dogs but with the look of the dog breed. I researched alot of sites for weeks just to learn what it took to be a responsible pitbull owner. THEN one day Mr. Mike's pictures were posted and I lost it gaah!. I just could not imagine how anyone could treat an innocent animal the way he'd obviously been treated by the sad shape he was in. I cried every time I looked at those first couple pictures.

Well I finally found my way around the website I saw there was an event that Sat. I emailed Alicia right away to let her know my husband and I were going to be there to bring donations for Mr. Mike. And that's where it began. A couple weeks later we went to meet him and I feel in love.

That next Monday I drove an hour to get him and he's been here ever since yahoo!. He's an absolute joy. Especially since his hair is almost all grown back. He's a beautiful chocolate brown color. He's the sweetest thing you will ever meet, very smart and learns quickly. He gets along wonderfully with his cat brother and sisters. When I am home I am never alone he's right by my side, laying at my feet, or half way laying in my lap. He genuinely seems happy now. When we walk he walks with his head high and his ears perked, tail wagging, butt wiggling and has finally begun to give me that bully smile I heard so much about.

Have a great day and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL santa
Javasmomma
Javasmomma

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Good Morning everyone !! Empty Re: Good Morning everyone !!

Post  DiamondTiger Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:05 am

Bonnie! Very Happy Thank you so much for everything you've done for Java and for New Hope! Very Happy Alicia is very good about keeping me up to date on how the dogs are doing, but hearing from their foster parents is always way better because nobody can tell us more about the dogs than you all can! Very Happy

Welcome to our new little "home" on the net. We truly hope that all of our volunteers will join us here and post so we can all get to know each other better. We would LOVE to see this forum become a tool that helps people get more involved as a part of New Hope and reaching out to our community. Smile

I look forward to getting to know you better, and Pat too if he would like to join us as well. Smile And I look forward to hearing more about Java's road to recovery and his journey to finding his forever home. flower
DiamondTiger
DiamondTiger

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

Post  lpyrbby Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:42 am

cheers You made it too!

And Kat, even though I know the story, you are right that it sounds SO much better coming from the home itself Smile I'm gonna go ahead and get you set up with posting access to the rest of the forum now Smile
lpyrbby
lpyrbby

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-09

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum